Your rights in relation to privacy
What kinds of personal information do we collect?
Personal information is any information that identifies an individual or any information from which an individual’s identity could reasonably be ascertained. During the provision of our services, including access to our websites and any online platforms available via those websites, we may collect your personal information.
How do we collect personal information?
1. Personal information including your name, address, telephone number, email address and bank and credit card details (as provided by you); and
2. Aggregated statistical data which is information relating to your use of our websites, services and products, including access to any online platforms available via those websites, such as traffic flow and demographics.
There may be other occasions when we collect your personal information from other sources, such as from an information services provider or publicly maintained records. We may also collect statistical information when you access and use our websites and any online platforms available via our websites, by utilising features and technologies of your internet browser, including cookies and pixel tags. These features and technologies however do not specifically identify you unless you expressly provide to us personally identifiable information. You may also elect to turn off the internet browser features which allow us to collect statistical information by selecting certain options on your browser. However, this may slow down or cause certain web pages to be inaccessible to you
Why do we need your personal information?
We collect your personal information for the purposes of providing you our products and services, including access to any online platforms available on our websites.
Where applicable, we may use your personal information:
- for accounting, billing and other internal administrative purposes;
- to respond to any enquiry you submit to us from time to time;
- to identify and inform you of products and services that may be of interest to you;
- to fulfil any of our legal requirements; and
- for other purposes permitted or referred to under any terms and conditions you enter into or otherwise agree to with respect to the use of our websites, online platforms, products or services.
You are under no obligation to provide your personal information to us. However, without certain information from you, we may not be able to provide our services to you.
In relation to the statistical information collected by us, we collect this information for the purposes of:
- tracking return visits to our websites;
- accumulating and reporting anonymous, aggregate (data collected in mass) and statistical information on website usage, use of our online platforms or the results or other outcomes achieved
- as a result of the use of our websites, platforms, products or services;
- determining the web pages and features most utilized on our websites; and
- displaying online advertisements which may be of interest to you.
If you do not wish to have your personal information used in any manner or purpose specified above, please contact our Privacy Compliance Officer.
Security of your personal information
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold is protected against misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We hold personal information in both hard copy and electronic forms in secure databases on secure premises, accessible only by our authorised staff.
However, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information transmitted to us via the Internet.
Can you access the personal information that we hold about you?
Under the Privacy Act, you have a right to access your personal information that is collected and held by us. If at any time you would like to access or change the personal information that we hold about you, or you would like more information on our approach to privacy, please contact our Privacy Compliance Officer.
To obtain access to your personal information, you will have to provide us proof of identity. This is necessary to ensure that personal information is provided only to the correct individuals and that the privacy of others is protected.
We will take all reasonable steps to provide access to your personal information within 30 days from your request. In less complex cases, we will try to provide information within 14 days.
If providing you with access requires a detailed retrieval of your personal information, a fee may be charged for the cost of retrieval and supply of information.
How to contact us
For further information or enquiries regarding your personal information, please contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please direct all privacy complaints to our Privacy Compliance Officer. At all times, privacy complaints:
- will be treated seriously;
- will be dealt with promptly;
- will be dealt with in a confidential manner; and
- will not affect your existing obligations or affect the commercial arrangements between you and us.
Our Privacy Compliance Officer will commence an investigation into your complaint. You will be informed of the outcome of your complaint following completion of the investigation.